Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal

Okay...so truth be told when I first heard of eating oatmeal that wasn't cooked AND cold, I was very skeptical to say the least!  I always think of oatmeal as a warm, filling breakfast particularly wonderful in the winter months--boy does it get cold in Upstate NY!! 

I decided to put the skepticism aside and give it a shot, and am I glad that I did!! This is a wonderful breakfast that can be prepped the night before and is a great grab & go if you're mornings are as busy and as hectic as some can be!!

To create this delicious breakfast, you will need the following:
  • Half Pint Mason Jar
  • 1/4 Rolled Oats (NOT instant oats, they will have a chewy texture)
  • 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
  • 1/3 Cup Almond Milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Organic Chia Seeds
  • 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. Raw Honey
  • 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce  
In your half pint mason jar, combine your rolled oats, greek yogurt, almond milk, chia seeds, honey and cinnamon. Put the lid on and give it a good shake to mix. Once it's mixed well, take the lid back off and add your applesauce. Shake it up again for good measure and stick it in the fridge overnight to chill...that's it!!

In the morning when you're ready for breakfast, give it a good stir and ENJOY!!!

I would love to hear your feedback!!  Be sure to friend me here on Facebook if we aren't friends already to let me know what you think!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment